Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Ditch Life

Ditch digging is a lifestyle choice, right? At least it feels like you're never done. For the front porch project I finally can report some real, actual progress on the ditch! Let's shake it down.

The storyboard says it's deep enough!

Top of the floor is now level with the top of the storyboard

16" wide and 25" deep
Yeah yeah, that's just a hole. But it IS at proper depth! Now I can establish a level set point and dig the rest of the ditch level from there. Now.... keep digging!


Progress! One side almost done

This is how I feel about ditch digging

Now it has really turned the corner


This is the long side! Looking deep


Now these stairs. They are in my way They must go down. Destroy them I will.

Destroy them I did

The rubble of former stairs


The ditch runs deep


I'm taking out both of those stone pathways too, eventually. I always wanted the stairs to go directly in front of the front door - hint - in the new porch they will. The stairs came out in chunks, and I was able to continue digging to the wall.

Next up maybe we'll see where this porch project is heading!

No comments:

Post a Comment