Thursday, February 4, 2021

Another Hanging Daybed

 I got a response from an ad on craigslist about the hanging daybeds, he wanted a double bed, and we eventually settled on hickory wood. This turned out beautiful, and I think he was very happy with it. He wanted cupholders and a wine glass slot cut into the arms, I haven't had to do that before so it was a really cool challenge to design.

Started with a double base, attached some 8/4 hickory to the bottom


Beautiful stuff, and I made the supports extra long

Made the arms & back supports

Cutting out the arms was tricky, I boxed in the cupholders and added the wine glass slots

Detail of the cupholder & wine glass



Now with more back

Added a cedar stain

He wanted another board on the arms


This really did turn out beautiful. I used Old Masters wipe-on stain and Exterior Ascend topcoat. Hickory is a really hard, tough wood to work, I don't use it often on furniture like this but it is beautiful. And most importantly, the customer loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment