Sunday, February 14, 2021

Small Tables

 Couple of small end tables to report on today. First, in Taylor's big project, I had to cut his coffee table slab down to 34" long. So I took the cutoff and made a 20" table out of that by adding an oak base. Then I made a maple table for my dad. 

White oak pieces for the base

Assembled base, added shelf, attached with pocket screws

20" long, about 15" wide and roughly 20" tall




Dad was fairly enamored with the walnut table I made for mom over christmas, and had another place he could use one that size. So I had some extra maple laying around so I pulled together a basic table for him too.

Same base, pocket screws to attach the top




This little guy has a cool live edge top with tiger striping and some interesting coloration in the top. The base is a clearer hard maple. Now I see the flaw in this base - the legs are too close together. It's basically just four sticks and a wrapper. I should have put the legs on the outside of the end grain for the front/back pieces, then ran the long stretchers inside of the legs. That gives more glue surface anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment