Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Snowy trip to Boone

 I ended up closing the purchase of the land in Boone without having to go up there. Such a HUGE turning point, this is going to be the first house I build from scratch, the first AirBNB for my retirement plan, it's all very exciting!! Lena went with me up there. It was amazingly beautiful, the town was totally dry, no snow or anything. Then we get up to the higher elevation where our land is, and there is more snow than she's ever seen in her life. 


This was as far as the car would go - had to walk the rest of the way to the lot

Underground utilities

"cleared" building site





The stick on the right is roughly the property line, teenager is standing on the setback






pretty steep!



Tire tracks show how the car slid back down the hill haha


This tree is really cool

on the road back to town




That's our snow capped mountain!



Downtown Boone, our lot is on the north side of that white capped mountain top

I'm so grateful she gets to make these trips with me and has the same love of the mountains that I have. This trip was particularly beautiful, even if we didn't get as much work done as I wanted to while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment