Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Finishing the Practice Roof

I got all of the finishing touches put on the little roof, so let's see how she turned out! This is the perfect addition to the driveway. We now have a clean and dry entryway to get from the side.

starting to paint some

missed the front of that one trim board - oops

Finishing starts with primer and paint. I used an exterior kilz and Brite White color exterior paint. I started with the columns, then got the trim around the roof. Then primed the ceiling before putting the finishing touches on. The roof trim had to finish the white paint before taking the next step.

All that trim paint


Now I added the cedar shake shingles to the face

Wanted to paint the door and the ceiling the same color


All said and done!


We love this little roof. It was the perfect test project to experiment with the technique before taking on the big porch roof. I added cedar shake shingles to the front. We wanted to paint the door & ceiling the same color, Kelley picked out this salmon (pink but she called it salmon to make me feel more manly about it) and I really like it. Not every house can pull off a pink door, but this one can. It's a bold choice. The house siding was all white when we bought it, we painted the house this dark gray about 5 years ago. I love the gray. Having this little pink accent is a really cool touch. We also did the front door this same pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment