Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Really Cool Bar

 Part of Taylor's big project includes an outdoor bar on his new deck. There are some 5x5 posts in place to secure the roof, and we could mount the bar around those posts. This one was my idea when we were looking through the house trying to decide how best to use these slabs, and this thing turned out better than I could have ever imagined.

Starting with some sticks

The raw slab as it came off of the sawmill

Cut some radius edges and notched out to fit around the posts

Cleaned up the live edge front

Starting to cut out the supports


Cleaned up and installed

Support system

View from the backyard


This really fits in with the rest of the porch and turned out nicer than I expected. I sat on it, it's super sturdy. This bar is about 7' long & 16" wide. After cutting out the basic shapes, I had to plane and sand everything smooth & flat, all the way through 300 grit paper. Taylor ended up sealing the bar with the same stuff he used to seal the deck so it would all match. This plank turned out really clean and I'm super happy they picked me to build this piece for them, and the rest of the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment