Thursday, April 22, 2021

Dressing Oak

 I picked up some green 1x8x16' oak boards from the local sawmill and got started on a couple of projects. My friend Suzy wanted an aquarium stand, so that had to be a sturdy cabinet able to hold 250 lbs. Also my buddy Shawn wanted a bed that I had designed a while ago but never built. So let's start cutting up this oak! Where's my planer at?

The ripping setup

The mighty pile of oak

These are bed parts, rough cut


These are the cabinet parts, rough cut


More bed stuff

Got some time on the planer there, really made a lot of shavings

Cabinet parts are getting there

Bed stuff is more dressed, still some work to go there


Finally starting to glue up some panels. Next up will be more cabinet and bed details, and an update on the countertops

No comments:

Post a Comment