Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Finish up!

Time to put the finishing touches on My Busted Foot. This Pirogue is shaping up to be seaworthy - or at least swampworthy. Here's how I wrapped up this project:

Back of the boat got an industrial carry handle and mooring rope tucked into the hatch


My youngest was ready to go full pirate

Front of the boat also got a carry handle and mooring rope into the hatch

Happy boatbuilder!
Taped up and blue paint is on!

It did take 3 coats of that blue paint to cover all of the white paint

Gave the bottom another coat of white anyway

From the rear

It is finished!
So the finishing touches, as it was, included paint, rope, and carry handles. The finished weight is around 70 lbs. It wrapped up nice and clean, and all that's left now is a water test!

This has turned out to be one of the most fun and interesting woodworking projects I've ever done! I am hooked now. Already planning the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment