Saturday, June 30, 2018

Go Garden

I decided to shorten up the garden beds this year to accommodate the new front porch project (details to come later). So I had to rebuild the existing beds, and take the leftover lumber to kick up a 3rd bed.

At the farmers market, got the entire plant load for $17

Planted out these 2 beds




After we got that 3rd bed planted too
So I added a double stack bed in the back with the lumber I got from shortening the other two beds and we planted out the whole thing. Beans, tomatoes, okra, squash, zucchini, several types of peppers, and basil. Yeah!

That was all planted out in May, here's how it's growing now

Beans and Okra, mainly

Squash & zucc growing in the back bed


The okra is waist high! That has never happened before

Got a squash!

The tomatoes are taller than I am (6'1")
So I really like how the garden is turning out this summer. One of the bright spots, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment