Saturday, November 9, 2019

Slight daybed update

One of the things that always bugged me about the daybed - I had to hang the ropes from existing ceiling joists. When I built the porch ceiling I didn't anticipate hanging a bed there, so the ropes on the yard side rubbed against the bed. Also that side wasn't exactly far enough away from the wall so the bed constantly bumped the house or the handrail. I finally decided to get into the attic and add some 2x6 blocks in there with joist hangers to move the anchors into the proper location.

First, I put holes in the plywood ceiling where I wanted the hooks to go, that was I made sure to put the blocks in the right location. Then it was just a matter of getting up into the tight corner of the roof and nailing everything in place, then moving the ropes.

that's a tight corner to be swinging a hammer

Now in the proper location

Those ropes don't rub!
I didn't think the daybed could get more comfortable, but this is really nice. It might actually be nicer now that the bed doesn't hit the wall anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment