Sunday, February 3, 2019

Back to More of the Same

Well, grad school is back in session so I have no time for blogging anymore. Go to work, work on the porch for an hour when I get home, take 2 pictures, dinner, kids homework, grad school. Corporate Finance is fun haha but I need to make serious progress on this porch.  Here's how January has been shaking down

Only 2 rows left to go on this wall

Getting there - 2 columns at height

Step 3 got the top row of bricks

These caps came out great!

Clemson orange when my Tigers won the National Championship!

Another 1200 lbs of concrete & mortar in the shed

This used to be a stone path. Now the path led to a brick wall so it needs to go. New landscaping awaits!

I got the caps poured for the first two posts!

They turned out really clean

Backfill behind step 3! It is finished

I put a cross in this step. That adds to the heart in step 2 and the family handprints in step 1

Finished the wall! Last 2 courses of brick are up. I put a mortar cap on it at first, but now I think we're going to do something different.

First course of step 4 is down
From here you're going to see the relatively small but very time consuming parts of the project finish up. Now the knee walls are done, two of the posts are done, and the left wall is complete. Next I can finish off the stairs, the front wall, the 3rd column, and the right wall. And that's just the masonry! If the weather turns cold I can start on the posts and the roof rim now.

No comments:

Post a Comment