Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Finish something else

It's time to start finishing off some of the smaller milestones on this porch project! So far I've got one wall & two posts done, the knee walls are done, and the right post isn't even started.

First bricks on the last column & right walls

Progress!

First course on the last riser has backfill concrete

2nd row of bricks on the 4th step are in place


The column rises

I did tie it in with the front & side walls

Progress is being made!


Right wall going up

Filled in with concrete and rebar

Tying the wall into the column provides stability to both


Now is about the time when my patience starts getting thin. The weather doesn't want to cooperate very much for laying brick. My hands are starting to wear down from all of that mortar. I'm ready to lay some wood and start cutting again. In particular, I had the backfill on the last step to pour and had no idea how much concrete that was going to take, so I needed room in the last column to pour the excess 'crete, so that column needs to be a few bricks higher. I have to tie in the front & right side walls with the column so they need to be up to height. Timing is getting frustrating.

Next post we'll see how that plays out

No comments:

Post a Comment