Tuesday, March 26, 2019

I made cove molding

To start making the tapered craftsman columns, the first thing I did was make some cove molding on the router. I actually needed cove molding for both porches, the big front and the little test roof on the driveway. I picked up a bundle of 1x3 furring strips and setup the router. The width of the molding had to be different for the top & bottom of the posts, this was more measured and planned around the boards used for the sides of the columns.

Now pictures!

Side porch

The other post on the side porch

Center post bottom

Right post bottom

Right post bottom

Left post top

Center post top

Right post top
The same time I was making and installing this molding, Kelley was busting out the pressure washer and cleaning up that brick. The difference is stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment