Wednesday, March 18, 2020

More Bunk Beds

A buddy from the office said he wanted some bunk beds for his kids, a twin over full standard combo. I had a twin box already made up from a previous project so all I had to build was the full & supports.

Built the full on the frame

Built the supports (next to the countertop oak)

already had the twin in the shed

Got it standing on the deck!



adding the safety rails & ladder steps

This is pretty much the finished product, still needs sanding & paint


Finally I did get some paint on it and get it installed. One of Shawn's kids is 6'4" tall (as a teenager) so I made this one taller than most of my bunks.

There was a really high arch ceiling!


Finished and installed
These beds are modular, in that there was only 4 parts plus a couple of rails for the top. when Ella and I installed these we ended up putting the ladder on the other side of the bed, and everything was still fit and secure.

Bottom line is that this was a quick win for me, Shawn's family is super kind and the kids really love it. This is the kind of project where everybody wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment