Friday, August 14, 2020

It's time for some landscaping

 BRING ON THE LANDSCAPING

Finally I'm getting around to doing something with the yard in front of the new porch. After finishing the porch last August the yard around it has been a mud-scattered wasteland for months. I know what I wanted to do with the yard, defining some bed, grading down some beds, and pouring some concrete. 

I want to start by outlining a curved sidewalk

Sidewalk should run from the driveway to the shed with a center feature in front of the stairs

Going back to the shedAdd caption

Notice the bare mud and lack of grass. Also the grade where the mud hits the stairs


There is still plenty of stone walkway to tear up

I had to dig up a bunch of that stone walkway

Next time to dig an outline of the pathway and till up the grass

Tulips are annuals in the south, these were beautiful

One potential brick pattern - fill in that with concrete

I also thought about a running bond pattern like this

One option for the feature at the end of the stairs

It all starts with sidewalk planning. The sidewalk defines the beds, fill in everything else with grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment