Monday, August 17, 2020

More Brickwork

 I didn't expect to lay any more bricks anytime soon, but in landscaping you have to be prepared for everything I guess. We were visiting with my father-in-law when his wife gave me a great idea for a raised bed! It starts with a trench.

Outline for the trench

And now it's an actual trench!

Poured a footer and the first course (below ground) with no mortar in between. This lets water weep out


Got a few more courses and pavers on top!

This cute wall turned out great

Now we have a nice raised bed outlined! This small wall turned out really cool. I wish I had the right type of saw to cut miters in the curved part. This is my first time building a curved brick wall. I think it turned out pretty good.

I'm going to add a sidewalk and wanted to build this wall around planning for that other project.

Filled with potting mix & compost ready to plant

and..... planted. Lariope, shrubs, flowers, and a foxglove for accent


No comments:

Post a Comment