Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Working up these small tables

 I've been working through how to get the bases together for these small tables. 

I attached this base using pocket screws to the top

These bases will go together with a drawer for each table

I cut a couple of coasters out of a scrap walnut piece - had a cool grain pattern



The tops finished out pretty clean, I thought

I tried to fill in some low spots in these tops with epoxy, and it bubbled. Tried to smooth it out, cover it up, nothing. Eventually after I got the bases attached to these tops I took the power planer to it and came out really actually clean. 

Couple of drawers without their faces


coasters. I made coasters. didn't see that one coming

Got the bases put together!





Got the faces attached, and the drawers actually fit


These tables turned out great. Now if this damn pandemic would ever end I can get them back down to my cousin in SC. He's going to love them, and I think they turned out really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment