Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Planning the new sidewalk

 I knew when I built those stairs in front of the porch that the landscaping would have to start with a sidewalk that runs from the driveway to somewhere else. After it was built I figured the sidewalk should go all the way up to the shed, and have a nice feature in the center of the stairs. So I wanted to start planning with that and get some fair curves for the rest of the sidewalk.

Starting with one idea for the center feature (I liked others better)

Going from the driveway to the stairs

that's not a fair curve

This is getting better

Wrapping around to the shed.I want to put in drains as well.

This is just a rough outline. I still need to fair the curves and do a crap ton of digging. and I do mean a crap ton. I'm going to pour the concrete first, to grade, then grade the yard down and remove the rest of that stone walkway you can see in the last picture. This is going to really transform the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment