Friday, December 31, 2021

Shelves for Ella

 My daughter wanted some extra storage in her room, so I whipped up some quick shelves. I had some 1x6 oak laying around, and some Spanish Oak stain by Old Masters leftover from another cool project. Add polyurethane and some stylish brackets, and I'm really pleased with how these turned out!


This took a lot of epoxy, still not sure I got it safe




I started with rough sawn oak, cut the boards to length, ripped the sides to width, then plane the faces flat. Once you're dressed all six sides, sand through the grits (80, 120, 180, 220, 320) and add the stain. This was a wiping stain, I love Old Masters products. Brush it on, wipe off 5 minutes later and that white oak is suddenly almost black.  Add a few coats of polyurethane and install the brackets. I found the brackets on Amazon.

She loves them! Who says you can't make teenagers happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment