Monday, January 3, 2022

Gina's Hanging Daybed

 My best friends finally said they wanted one of my hanging daybeds to be included as part of their first floor remodel that included adding a front porch. They picked out that Spanish Oak color from Old Masters Finishes, as the black tint worked with the color scheme of the porch. Joe is an engineer (albeit, electrical engineering) so he designed the hanging system and that thing was rock solid. This bed turned out amazing, I've made dozens of these and this is by far my favorite one. It's a twin size but she ordered custom cushions, and they all love it.

It starts with a base and a crap load of oak


Add arms and a back






One stained runner







So if you've ever wanted to see exactly how I build these things, that's how it's done from start to finish. And here's the end result:


Installed! It's a perfect fit

They love it


No comments:

Post a Comment