Sunday, December 9, 2018

Tour of the teenager

Recently we had a family vacation to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. I took some pictures of the recently remodeled teen-cave (like a man-cave) to show off to the family that never comes to visit us, and should share them here too. Not that everything is really done there, but there's enough of interest to share.

These stairs originally had carpet, I still need to paint the risers

Hardwood landing at the top of the stairs  was also under carpet

the bathroom I completely remodeled (got its own category here)

She chose the paint color, we moved all of the furniture up there too. And new carpet from Lowe's.

More furniture

This is the teenager in the double recliner that spurred this entire project

And I wall mounted a big new TV for her and moved up the Playstation

Here's most of the big family on the train at Dollywood

Everybody on the deck at the cabin (even my dad on the end, he got cropped out of the last one)

a cool skin-on-frame kayak mounted on the wall, and a nice canoe shelf

mi familia
So we had a great vacation, and everyone was appropriately impressed with the updates I made to the teen-cave. So much fun, and I got a few new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment