Sunday, June 9, 2019

Crazy Roofing

This is where the roof gets tricky. I knew when I started getting around that chimney that the framing structure was going to have to be creative. I hope it works. (hint: it didn't)

Sheeting continues


This part looks good


Now it looks like a real, fully formed porch


Sheeting is all done

Now that's a lot of roof

getting the felt paper tacked up on the back side


Notice that the little extra ledge that was supposed to be the only escape for that water is now gone...

Now this side and the ridge have felt paper
So I wrapped the framing around the cricket and came up with a way to sheet into the valley. This created a flat spot that I'm not very happy about. Pitched roofs should not have flat spots. Now I'm thinking that I should have framed that level area all the way into the valley, then routed the valley back to the end of the cricket. Let's throw some shingles on top and see how that works out.

I'm laying shingles y'all

all the way to the flashing


Up there, but not to the top of the paper yet


Shingled the ridge


Got it tight through the chimney flashing & onto the cricket


Crazy roofer
Finished shingles on the back side

Did all I could to get into that valley. Ridge is done



So the shingles are all done. I still need to get up there with the sealer and caulk around all of the edges and seams (to the existing shingles) with the black tar stuff in caulking tubes. That is supposed to seal everything up tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment