Monday, August 19, 2019

Back on the roof

After I fell off of the roof I said I was going to hire out a roofing company to come finish the job for me. yeah, maybe I should have actually followed through with it. I did get a nearby roofing company to come over and collect info for an estimate but they never actually sent back the price or scheduled the install. So, I already had some materials anyway, once my leg felt like it could sustain the angle of the roof for some degree of time I just got up there to start framing.

Outline for the new frame

That's where the rain gets in

Got the rest of the framing up

I look happier than I felt, being on the roof in July

Sheeting!

I should have framed the roof like this to begin with

Got the felt paper down




The framing came together pretty clean. The sheeting came in really clean! I was kind of surprised it turned out that straight. The one board was only green because I pulled it from the top of the stack from Lowe's, it had some other paint on it. All looks the same after the paper goes down.

I got really slack about taking pictures after this, but up next is the never ending demand of shingles!

No comments:

Post a Comment