Thursday, August 22, 2019

Starting More Shingles

Well I had to get back up on that roof to hang some shingles, and boy did I have some shingles to hang. I created a diverted valley in the roof, and have to tie in to the existing shingles for the new front porch roof. Get started! You might notice a slight color difference between the new and old shingles, it's the only way to show progress

Forming the new valley


All tied in with the porch roof

I still seem confused

Starting to get the ridge cap up


No clue how to make this watertight



Getting started on the other side - this is where I fell in June


Getting the sides together

Turning the corner
Almost there!

Not quite as confused - I hope this works!

Only one pack to go


And it's done!
So I ended up covering both entire faces with new shingles. if this still leaks, I don't know what else to do.

Spoiler alert: We had the first real storm tonight and it did leak. I got one drop. Like the inside corner felt dry, everything else felt dry, but when I turned the flashlight up to the porch ceiling, there was one f*$%&$*g drop. ONE. ugh. Maybe I'll just paint the valley in flex seal. advice appreciated in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment