Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Some Milling

Quick post - I had to take out a dogwood tree and the logs ended up kind of long and straight-ish. I thought maybe I could try my hand at milling them up on the table saw. Dogwood isn't exactly supposed to be worth cutting into boards but I thought I could try anyway just to see if it would work. I started with this

Couple of logs
in the end, I ran it through the table saw a couple of different ways, split in half, and ended up with a handful of boards.



Not a lot, they aren't in great shape, still some bark on there. I could actually see water coming out of the boards while they were on the table saw, that's how green it was. After letting these dry out for a few months I'll run it through the planer and see what happens. Maybe I can get a picture frame out of it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment