Friday, September 18, 2020

Old and New

 I have an old radial arm saw that has been used as a workbench for a long time now. It's been in conflict, a useful storage area that became the "catch all" in my unorganized shop. This saw was in my dad's shop, I got it from him around 2001 and neither one of us changed the blade. It stuck out a foot away from the wall farther than the rest of my workbenches, I never used it as a saw and it was constantly in the way. So, time to get rid of it. Eventually I'll build a real workbench with some vices and dogs to replace it as the catch-all or an actual workspace.

You will still be missed, old friend

For the new, I got to pour some more concrete. I think the real culprit behind my back injury was mixing about 80 of those 80 lb bags of quickrete by hand in a wheelbarrow so far for this sidewalk, so I finally bought a 1.5 yard electric mixer. It wasn't always the easiest thing to use, Kelley had to lift the bags into the mixer, and we couldn't exactly drop the rete where we wanted it, but we did get a few more sections of sidewalk poured.

We had to rig some lumber to get it in the right place


Still, new concrete turned out ok

Also poured a couple more to reach the other bed

So the old was saying goodbye to a saw that I've had for almost 20 years, and the new is 4 more sections of sidewalk getting poured. We're getting close to the driveway and it's getting fun. But I'm really ready for this back injury to go away at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment