Thursday, January 2, 2020

A trundle bed!

We have no guest room anymore and needed a place for family to sleep when they came for an extended visit. so I built a twin trundle for storage under my youngest kid's full size bed. I used the same platform setup with 2x3's and the slats, but wrapped it in 1x4 instead of the regular 2x6's and put another one of those waterproof twin mattresses on top. Hey they are cheap and comfortable from amazon, it's a winning combination.

2x3's and slats

I added a couple of handles for handling

also added casters for movement


Now with more mattress
Her bed is 12.5" above the floor, and this setup takes about 9" of height. I used a flat black spraypaint on there, and silver handles & caster wheels to finish it off. Rolls easily, the wheels (also from amazon) are 1 3/4" high and lock in place. The frame is light and moves around easily. The lumber cost about $25 at Lowe's, plus $10 for the accessories and $80 for the memory foam mattress. It's very useful for our household and I'm really happy with this build!

No comments:

Post a Comment