Friday, July 30, 2021

Couple of table tops

 I got contacted about building a custom table top, so I glued up this panel to the size requested, got it finished (sand, stain, poly) and shipped out. Pretty straightforward, but they turned out great. I actually missed the size on the first one, so I got to keep a table top for myself and make his to ship out.

It started out with a board


Glued up a couple of panels


This one turned out great, but too narrow. I rounded the corners and I'm keeping this one

The square one is the right size


Went with a Spanish Oak stain, this wiping stain gets much lighter after

After

Clear


So the finished product, after gluing the panels up to the right size, started the finish work. I put a roundover on the edges, sanded through 80, 120, 180, 220, and 320 grit paper, then applied the stain and wiped off after 15 minutes. Finally put several coats of wipeon polyurethane and these table tops were good to go. One went to texas, the other is getting a base built soon. really.

No comments:

Post a Comment