Monday, September 6, 2021

Let's build a shed!

 On the land in Boone, step 1 is to build a shed after I staked out where I wanted to put the house. There is a post script to that shed, but it starts with building it.

Loaded down and ready to build

The blocks beside the driveway are where we're going to build

It's a build site!

Blocks are in the ground


Floor framing is on and leveled




Now with more subfloor!



First wall is standing




2nd wall got sheeted before standing

Now with more walls




Carpenter up!


Cut the roof rafters and stood up the ridge beam



I covered this in tarps because I ran out of time to finish getting the roof put up and it was supposed to rain. See tomorrow's post for the result of that haha

This was Easter weekend so I had a long time to get this done. The trick was that Lowe's was closed for Easter Sunday, so I lost half a day when we ran out of supplies. I used a generator to run the tools for the first time and that worked out very well until I ran out gas. We got an airbnb for the long weekend so I could get out and build this with Kelley, her mom stayed with the kids. It went up pretty quick and I'm pretty happy with the way this part turned out. In the end, the ridge beam is pretty warped so I had a really tough time getting a flat roof haha

No comments:

Post a Comment