Thursday, September 9, 2021

Roofing the shed

 I did get some rain! The tarps held, but wow did it rain. It took me forever to get the tarps down before I could start roofing again. The first thing I had to do was actually take down the ridge beam and set it again so I could get a straighter ridge, then hang the rest of the roof joists.

Tarp roof is only so good

Water testicles hehe

The other side

After dumping the water and removing the tarps, I reset the ridge beam to the right height and added the rest of the joists



Sheeted the gable walls and started the roof


Blocking for the overhangs

Finished sheeting and added tar paper


taped a copy of the house floor plans to the inside of the door



Then I took Ella to a movie. we're huge anime fans

This trip up I got everything ready to shingle, then just ran out of time before I could start. It's starting to look like a shed now! In the dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment