Friday, September 10, 2021

We bought a townhouse!

 So my wife got accepted into grad school at App State, which is very convenient since I'm building a house in Boone only 10 minutes outside of town. Only thing is, there's no way the house is going to be ready by then. That's my next post. So we ended up buying a townhouse in Banner Elk, about 25 minutes outside of Boone. It's not really a nice enough place for us to AirBNB, but it will give safe shelter while Kelley is in class and gives me a place to stay when I'm building. Plus it's a great escape from the heat. So here's pictures of the townhouse, and now I've got a lot of other projects to build to furnish this thing!


BR2, those casement windows need to be replaced

Upstairs BA

Yep, stairs

Kiddo is in the closet


Bottom of the stairs, door to the back deck

Kitchen, mud room

Kitchen

Nice fireplace

This back deck is fantastic, it overlooks the Lowe's across the street

I'm going to drink a lot of coffee out here

Laundry room

Downstairs bathroom


The front door, an actual stoop going into the mud room

Got a little rotten siding up there

The Lowe's across the street feels like home


I had to finish with a picture of Graduate the kayak because there's not a good place to put this guy. 

This townhouse is going to be fun. I have a very hard time with the heat in summertime here, and this is a nice high elevation, it never gets over about 75* up there in the summers. Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment